At the heart of I Am My Sister are amazing interns and volunteers whose commitment and passion change the lives of our youth each year.
Our volunteers play an important and vital role in the I Am My Sister Family. They serve as role models, help us accomplish our mission to inspire and empower our youth, and help us make the I Am My Sister experience a reality for all members of “The Family”. Volunteers can help with a variety of activities ranging from assisting with events to service projects to becoming a group leaders or a guest speaker.
Volunteers don’t have to be perfect or have it all together, but have a desire to share their skills, experience, resources, and hearts with the youth of I Am My Sister and with the community. Women and men, professionals, students, and parents are invited to submit a volunteer application.
Volunteers must be positive, open-minded thinkers who believe in their own personal power and who has a desire to translate that belief into meaningful action. Volunteers who are comfortable working and communicating with youth are essential. It is also critical that volunteers be open to diverse cultures and to building their own multicultural competency skills.
Whether you have just a couple of hours a week, a month, a season, or a year, we would love to hear from you!
- Volunteer – Adults ages 18 and older
- Student Volunteer – Youth ages 13-17 years old
- Internships – College Students (Undergraduate and Graduate Programs)
- Complete our volunteer application
- Attend a Volunteer Information Session (Check events for upcoming orientation)
- Undergo a Criminal Background Check (18 years old and older)
- Fulfill any additional training requirements, if necessary.