I Am My Brother
“Boys will be boys until someone teaches them to be men”
I Am My Brother is an initiative launched by I Am My Sister to support the growth and development of male youth.
WHAT’S THE MISSION OF I AM MY BROTHER
I Am My Brother provide programs and resources in an effort to impart the core principles of integrity, respect, accountability, discipline, and service in male youth.
HOW DO WE PLAN TO ACCOMPLISH OUR MISSION?
I Am My Brother will provide programs that focus on the following topics:
- Character Building
- Abstinence and Teen Pregnancy Prevention
- Support for Teen Fathers
- Absent Father
- Financial Literacy
- Violence Prevention
- Youth Work Force Development
- GED Program and College Prep
- Conflict Resolution
- Goal Setting
- Nutrition and Physical Fitness
- Healthy Relationships
- To change the current perception of manhood and create the next generation of men who are emotionally, socially and economically strong.
- To assist male youth in establishing tangible goals; providing programs and resources that will help them reach their full potential.
- To expose male youth to people, places and opportunities in an effort to broaden their outlook on opportunities and resources available to them.
- To introduce and connect male youth to positive male role models.
- To host events that engages and supports the community and the demographic we serve.
To change the perception of manhood and introduce role models who will provide positive examples of manhood.
We are also looking for MALE mentors and volunteers to help support the youth and their caregivers.