Brothers Recognizing Opportunities (B.R.O.) is a male group that supports the Big B.R.O. Mentoring Program to provide extensive academic support and college prep, with a strong emphasis on leadership development, entrepreneurship, financial literacy, and career readiness. The group also has specific initiative focusing on civic engagement and community service.
“Every youth, including boys and young men of color, should have the opportunity to succeed regadless of who they are, where they come from, or the circumstance into which they are born.”
- Connect male youth to positive male role models
- Exposure to Entrepreneurship training and opportunities
- Community Service Learning Opportunities
- College Tours
- 21st Century Skills Development
- Internship Opportunities
- Leadership Development
- Financial Literacy
- Develop a sense of brotherhood with other African American males while helping them increase their network of male friends.
The young men in B.R.O. stay in school and attain higher levels of educational success; they are less likely to participate in gangs, less likely to be involved in substance abuse, and less likely to be involved in delinquency and the juvenile justice system.